Sunday, December 27, 2009

Staying Fit-Focused

I have to say, I am proud of myself. It's been a long journey/struggle through many holidays, and although I'm not perfect, I am focused and committed to my health. I spent one week limiting my beverage consumption to water (plus one or two lite beers). By the time the Christmas holiday came around, I was ready for what was to come. And I gotta say, I did pretty well. I limited my second serving of dinner to much smaller portions than I had in the past. I was even able to say "no thank you" when it came to desserts. There's a first time for everything. So let me be the first to congratulate myself for setting limits, staying focused and staying in control. Let me also congratulate you for having the self-control to say "No" to that second (or third) slice of apple pie. No matter where you're at... congratulate yourself. That's the start of your new focus on fitness.

No comments: