Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mind Ur Trainer - The Beginning?!

No, I'm not re-jumpstarting my blog... again. I'm just taking it in a new direction. My direction.

For the past few years, I've been forcing myself to write what I think the public wants to read... what sells... and what would make me some money. And how far have I gotten? Well, I have 5 followers, nothing has sold, and I've made zero dollars through this medium.

I'm not angry, frustrated or upset. I'm just doing some self-reflection and accepting that for some time now, this blog, which is about me, is not mine. It's just another person out here in cyberspace trying to use popular key words and labels to draw in readers, hoping for a loyal following.

Someone recently asked me who I am and what I do. I told them that I was a psychotherapist, fitness trainer and Beachbody Coach- thinking that it would immediately peak his interest. The combination is awesome! Well, at least I thought so.

He said that I didn't answer his question. I was stumped! I thought I was very straight forward.

His response threw me off my game and he had to explain what he wanted to hear me say- You ARE a person whose profession IS to help other people feel better about themselves.

Uh, duh!

He explained that my titles didn't define me. They were just titles. They don't fully tell people who I am or what I do or why they should "chose" me.

So now, this blog has become my journey. I will write when I want to write. I will tell what I want to tell, and my hope is that this blog... my journey, will help others start (or continue) on the road towards internal and external happiness.

4 comments:

Samluis said...

finally! Someone who wants to be honest. This is good. I like it a lot.

Modifying Mimi said...

i love this i want to start a blog since i am one of the 5 followers but i want to do my journey

oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, burberry handbags, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max, uggs outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, polo ralph lauren outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, ugg boots, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, uggs outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, burberry outlet, polo outlet

oakleyses said...

converse, canada goose, louis vuitton, converse outlet, vans, moncler outlet, moncler, pandora jewelry, toms shoes, replica watches, lancel, hollister, montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, karen millen uk, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, links of london, pandora jewelry, canada goose jackets, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, coach outlet, ugg, moncler outlet, hollister, pandora charms, canada goose, ugg uk, nike air max, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, ray ban, wedding dresses, barbour uk, canada goose outlet, pandora uk, canada goose outlet, canada goose, barbour, marc jacobs, doudoune moncler, moncler, gucci, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, moncler uk, canada goose outlet