Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Where the "F" is My Happy Place?

That's a pretty provocative title. But, I'm serious. WTF- Where is it?

I'm supposed to be the one helping others feel better about who they are and what they need to do to get there. It's always much easier to preach it then to live it.

We all struggle with getting and maintaining a happy interior and exterior. We all get the blues, we all have great moments when we cant help but crack up because something is so hilarious. It's like a pendulum sometimes, and I wish more than anything I could tie a string around the happy side and just stay there. But that ain't gonna happen (hate to sound so pessimistic), but I have to continue reaching for it and working at it.

  A special... and exhausting moment  
For me, like many others, happiness is an everyday struggle. Exercise makes me feel better, completing projects make me feel better, and reflecting on the positive things in my life often gets me through the struggles.

Unfortunately, sometimes as a PROUD dad, I don't find the time to workout the way I would like to. Then there are those major projects that I just can't complete... and of course I get frustrated (and at times may shed a tear). That makes it harder to look at the positive past and envision a successful future.

"You're not ready for success!" I hear in my head. "You won't succeed at anything."

In those moments, it's like nothing works and feels like I will never gain more than what I currently have.

I've been dealing with that damn voice for as long as I can remember, and some days it's a bitch to fight, so I crawl into a little corner and think about how "horrible" my childhood was and how I will not be able to provide for my family because I'm a "loser".

So what I have to do is PRAY, talk to people, read books, and recreate my immediate world around me. On the walls in my office I have framed many of my accomplishments, awards and pics of the fam.

They help me fight The Voice. But, I'm not gonna lie, it's still a struggle.

And I must say... I'm in that struggle right now. So again I ask, WHERE THE "F" is my happy place?

Yours,

K.Mike, the Trainer


3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I often ask that. "Where the "F" is My Happy Place?" I often feel I will never be happy. Then I think "what is happy anyway?" How does one get happy? I have thought of this for most of my adult life. When the marriage came, children, education, etc., I thought these things would make me happy. On the surface I was. I had been given many gifts,but I soon realized that happiness is within and no person, place or thing can substitute it.

I believe my happiness is within me and only I can find it. It requires to me to work hard everyday at it. It requires self discipline and dedication. My happy place is within me and it can only be found when I look for it.

Rochelle

oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, coach outlet store online, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach purses, hollister pas cher, converse pas cher, nike air max, nike roshe run uk, kate spade, hogan outlet, nike free run, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, north face, replica handbags, burberry pas cher, coach outlet, new balance, true religion outlet, nike air max uk, hollister uk, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, nike free uk, oakley pas cher, air max, true religion outlet, michael kors pas cher, nike air force, michael kors outlet, nike roshe, jordan pas cher, michael kors, vans pas cher, lululemon canada, nike tn, timberland pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike blazer pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, louboutin pas cher, longchamp pas cher, north face uk, sac longchamp pas cher, sac hermes, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, true religion jeans

JUDI POKER ONLINE said...


ladangqq/
sahabatqq/
http://hiwassee.net/
cebanqq/