Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Family that Walks Together....

Walking - day two for me. Yesterday, I took a ten-minute stroll with my wife and our 5-month old daughter. I wouldn't call it a power walk, but it was still exercise. Exercise for the mind and for the body. It was also some much needed quality time for the family. Being couped up in a three bedroom, one level flat (we have family in Europe) can feel kind of confined and congested - especially during the winter months. Although yesterday only reached a high of 50 degrees, that brief walk was well worth it. And yes, we had our daughter bundled tightly.

The walk was refreshing and encouraging. See, my wife and I are both healthy individuals. We feel that our family's health is of the utmost importance. We belong to the same gym, and although we go for different reasons (I go for weight training and cardio; my wife goes for aerobic classes and yoga), we are both dedicated to ensuring that we maintain a healthy lifestyle. It's challenging to make the time together, especially with having a little one at home. So moments like yesterday mean a lot to me... to us.

We have a deep love for each other and our family, so whatever we can do to ensure a long, healthy life, we do it without hesitation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great posting

Iris Williams said...

Nice..

Unknown said...

Get out of Boston, and come west where the sun shine down on you everyday. Take a walk down Santa Monica Pier where you have the beach, sand and birds in front of you. Take a walk down Hollywood Blvd and find the stars but no the one between Venus and Mars. May the sun be upon your face, the wind upon your back and the winds of destiny carry you away.