Friday, November 20, 2009

Robert Pattinson was a workout fiend prepping for Twilight

And finally... the Adonis of the Twilight series. Apparently Robert Pattinson was a workout fanatic while preparing for the film. This is the final Twilight workout entry. I hope you enjoyed this dedication to the successful series and now it's time to go out and enjoy the new film.


Twilight star Robert Pattinson was recently named one of People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People in the World for 2009. The news came as no surprise to Rob's legions of female fans, who have helped catapult the previously unknown British hunk to overnight A-list status.

The lanky 6'1" Pattinson, who spent this spring in Vancouver and in Italy filming Twilight sequel New Moon, isn't a workout fanatic. But he stepped up his workout and diet regimens in 2008 after landing the role of the dashing vampire Edward Cullen in Twilight.

For two months, Pattinson, 23, ran two hours a day and did three hours a day kickboxing to get in shape to play Edward, a physically perfect specimen described as an Adonis. Rob also temporarily quit drinking alcohol and slashed his meals to just one a day.

"I was just trying to lose every ounce of body fat, so when I took off my shirt, I would look like an alien," Pattinson recalls. "I thought that kind of worked for the story. The idea of taking my shirt off and looking like some sort of Adonis? Everyone would just laugh."

But Rob gave up his extreme weight-loss regimen after Twi director Catherine Hardwicke became alarmed with his skeletal build during filming. "I just looked so different," Pattinson recalls. "I was so much more muscular than I had ever been in my life, but I looked weird." So Rob gave up his dieting and admits during filming, "I was on a full cheeseburger diet." 

Rob is currently in New York, filming the drama Remember Me, co-starring Emilie De Ravin (of the hit ABC show, Lost).

New Moon, which co-stars Twilight cutie Kristen Stewart, comes out in November.

Robert Pattinson was a workout fiend prepping for Twilight

Posted using ShareThis