Monday, November 2, 2009

Fitness - It's that simple!

Why am I doing my first blog about fitness? I have asked myself that very question over and over for the past couple of weeks. My answer - well, it depends. This blog is about me. It's about my ability to transform not only my body but also my mind to a place where I will be "happy" with what I see in the mirror and how I feel all day. Silly? No, I didn't think so. I mean, what do most of us want? We all want to be happy. Regardless of what our ultimate goals are- we do want to BE happy. If its losing weight, getting a promotion, changing careers, finding romance or getting in the best physical shape of our lives - It's all about being happy.

So in short, my blog is about finding that happiness we are all so desperately looking for. And one of the best ways to be happy is to get our bodies and our minds fit (and finding the time to do so). I will take you on my personal journey towards my own self-exploration. I will share workout routines that work for me and some that may not work so well. I will also include inspirational quotes that keep me motivated - because we all know that after that first burst of excitement, it takes no time to lose that motivation, forget about our gym membership, and forget that we have those dumbbells stored away in the closet.

Its time for me to dust off those weight sets, plug in that treadmill, re-introduce myself to the gym and the running paths in my neighborhood, and remind myself daily - that its all about living.