Monday, November 30, 2009

The Fat Facts




burger
Originally uploaded by Orrin

It is a known fact that in order to get the body, health, and brain functioning we want, we must combine exercise with proper eating habits. Although many of us have been encouraged or even "warned" by doctors and friends, we still have the hope that by some chance we will reach our goal by simply following one path over the other. Sorry, but it's not gonna work.

Let me take that back. It may work, depending on your body type or your genetics. We all hate... I mean, know, those individuals who can eat anything they want and still maintain that perfect shape. But if you're like the other 95 percent of the us, you may need to modify your diet by eating healthier meals, and get in a few good workouts each week. Bob Greene, Oprah's trainer says that "Exercise can’t be negotiable if you want to lose weight. If you don’t exercise to offset the amount of calories you’re consuming you’re going to gain weight."

But the foods that you eat are just as important. Running on a treadmill for 30 minutes is great for burning calories. However, if your after-workout meal is a Hostess cupcake, you've negated your exercise completely.You have to eat healthy foods and cut out empty calories. Brain foods such as blueberries, salmon and dark green leafy vegetables are good for both the body and the mind. And more importantly, it doesn't take a lot of effort to eat well and it doesn't have to break your pockets. Eating Healthy on a Budget.

So get to healthy eating and get off the couch. It's the only way to a longer life and a healthier you.

Below is a link to a recipe from Women's Health Magazine that I would like to try. If someone beats me to it, leave a comment letting me know how it tastes.

http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/quick-turkey-spinach-lasagna.aspx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea who you are, but I found you at the right time. I'm in a slump in my life right now, so I went to my computer and googled, "take my body back" and up came an article written by you. The article was PERFECT for advice of what I needed to hear. So, I clicked on your blog link and just read this article. I love it.
I just had my second baby 11 weeks ago, still don't know this new body and the weight is NOT coming off. Those women out there who say breastfeeding is the best way to loose weight are more blessed than me! So far, all breast feeding has done for me is created saggier boobs! ha ha. Well, and a thriving healthy baby boy, which is great.
Anyway, I for sure need a kick in the pants on taking care of myself and your blogs are perfect!
Thank you so much... whoever you are.
~yvonne maggio831@yahoo.ca

Modifying Mimi said...

Often times I half read things but I now find myself waiting for the next step in getting off the couch and doing what I need to do to get healthy and right. Thank you for inspiring my mind, body, and soul

KM Thompson said...

Greetings anonymous/yvonne maggio,
I am glad you are enjoying my blog. Your energy is very positive and I appreciate your kind words.

In response to your concern for weight loss after pregnancy, I am posting a few words in today's blog. Check it out and keep following.

Issaquah Chiropractor said...

Keep following your stuff, I wanna know more form you about fitness and losing weight.

Bone cancer Survival Rate said...

You made a number of fine points there. I did a search on the topic and found nearly all folks will go along with with your blog.

Anonymous said...

Howdу! I know thіs is κіnԁa off toрic but I was ωondering if you knеw where I could
gеt a captchа ρlugin for my сomment
foгm? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm haνing
troublе finԁing оnе? Thankѕ a lot!


Here is my webρage Web-Directory.Mobi

Anonymous said...

I reаlly liκe loοking through a ρost that can mаke men and women think.
Also, thаnk you for allowing for me to comment!


Taκe a look at my web blοg Cardsharing Server Cccam Server|Server Cardsharing|Skybox F3 Cardsharing|Cccam|Cardsharing Anbieter|Cccam Pay Server|Cccam Server Premium|Dreambox|Server Dreambox|Buy Cardsharing|Cardsharing|Cardsharing Server|Dreambox 800|Free Card Sharing Server|Satellite Cardsharing Kings|Test Line Cccam|Card Sharing|Card Sharing Servers|Cardsharing Canalsat|Cccam Line|Cccam Test Line|Free Cccam Server|Sat Keys|Satellite Cardsharing| Cccam Server|Server Cardsharing|Skybox F3 Cardsharing|Cccam|Cardsharing Anbieter|Cccam Pay Server|Cccam Server Premium|Dreambox|Server Dreambox|Buy Cardsharing|Cardsharing|Cardsharing Server|Dreambox 800|Free Card Sharing Server|Satellite Cardsharing Kings|Test Line Cccam|Card Sharing|Card Sharing Servers|Cardsharing Canalsat|Cccam Line|Cccam Test Line|Free Cccam Server|Sat Keys|Satellite Cardsharing| Cccam Server|Server Cardsharing|Skybox F3 Cardsharing|Cccam|Cardsharing Anbieter|Cccam Pay Server|Cccam Server Premium|Dreambox|Server Dreambox|Buy Cardsharing|Cardsharing|Cardsharing Server|Dreambox 800|Free Card Sharing Server|Satellite Cardsharing Kings|Test Line Cccam|Card Sharing|Card Sharing Servers|Cardsharing Canalsat|Cccam Line|Cccam Test Line|Free Cccam Server|Sat Keys|Satellite Cardsharing|

Anonymous said...

Hey! I κnow thіs is kinda off topic howevеr
, I'd figured I'ԁ aѕk. Wоuld you be interеsted
in trading links or maybe gueѕt wгiting
a blog рost οr vice-versa? My blog dіscusѕеs а lot of the same tоpics
as yours and Ι believе we соuld greatly bеnefit fгom each other.
If you аre intеrestеd feel
free to ѕhoоt me an email. I looκ forward to hearing from you!

Tеrrifiс blog by the ωау!


Here is my sitе Homepage
my page: visit percy''s homepage