Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Family Walk-A-Thon

Well, not really. Today was another rough day at the high school. All I wanted to do was come home, lie down, and ponder my next move... including having a Wachusett Blueberry Beer. Luckily, before I pulled my shoes off, my wife told me that we needed to take a family Power Walk. That's just what I needed. A 10-minute power walk to get my mind off the crazy angst of the high school teenagers.

We put our sneakers on, got the baby in her stroller, and did an intense power walk through the neighborhood. No running, no wogging (walk/jog), and no time limit. It just happened to be the ideal length of time. The stroller added some resistance while pushing the carriage (which is perfect for new parents trying to work the upper body). Up hills, cutting corners, etc... my body felt it from head to toe and it freed me from the pressures of the day. I feel good, I feel empowered. I Am ready to face another day at the high school.

No comments: